Two sports halls
Access to Oscar Traynor pitches
Access to Morton Athletics Stadium
Aims of the PE Department
1. To promote Physical Education.
2. To encourage students to participate in a range of physical activities and sports.
3. To encourage a healthy atmosphere within the department and across the school.
4. To encourage through physical activity enjoyment, success and self satisfaction.
5. To encourage lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Extra Curricular Activities
The school has a proud tradition of participation in a wide range of extracurricular sporting activities.
We enter all the competitions organised by The CDETB Sports and Cultural Council (see the link below) and the
Leinster schools Gaelic football, Basketball and Soccer competitions.
Sports Links and Initiatives
The school has forged links with many local sports clubs, facilities and initiatives which helps students build on their learning in PE.
Sky Sports Living for Sport Project
Glin Gym and Boxing Club
Northside Swimming Pool
DCU Access Sports Programme ( Tag Rugby and Soccer)
Active Schools Week
Ultimate Youth Frisbee Ireland